[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single - What Is It Good For?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single - What Is It Good For?
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ)
Date: Mon Dec 8 00:05:44 1997
...stay tuned for a writeup on the m-s from K4OJ in the WW CW...

to answer your question, I think this is a great idea...a ton of guys
monitoring the bands....and a point man making the calls as to should be the
mult band...this IS strategy, an element not seen frequently in a LOT of
contesting, seems like the guys tnd to think the guys who run the fastest the
longest win...end of story, NOT!

I had the fortunate experience of helping entertain some guys who were rather
new to the big gun thing...they were used to low power and small
antennas....put a big rig at their finger tips and couple it to a monobander
up high...I think it is safe to say we all had a good time!

This type of format with the ability to have a newcomer comb for mults,
without the pressure of you have to run at 100 / hour....is great, and I will
continue to endorse this as a viable multi-single approach.....it works great
for operator training.

Detailed post to follow on the K4OJ m-s that almost wasn't in a day or two

k4oj