[CQ-Contest] Murphy Strikes agian

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Murphy Strikes agian
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun Dec 7 23:38:32 1997
  Well Murphy paid me a visit this weekend! I turned on the rig to see
if 10 meters was opened and even though I didn't heard any signals
something didn't seem right. I checked the SWR and with the turner on it
was 1.2 but power was down to about 50 watts, so I braved the down pour
( lots of rain no lightning seen or heard on the rig) and went out to
check the matching section on the Butternut HF6V vertical ( the only
antenna I have up) and sure enough the matching section was broke
again!!!
  At least Murphy came this weekend instead of next weekend now if the
rain will stop and I can get home from work before dark maybe I can fix
the thing right so it won't break again, no excuses this time for not
doing it right this time.
  Hope to work a bunch of ya'll in the 10 meter test next weekend. This
is the one contest ya'll can run off to another band on me HI HI
Remember I'm the most limited guy on here 100 watt rig and a vertical
antenna. NO beams, no amp, no packet and since my license class is Tech
Plus I'm limited to 10 meters.
  Since Murphy has already been here that means he won't visit next
weekend right!!! HI HI
73
Rick
KC5AJX