[CQ-Contest] Strange 10m. L-paths

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Strange 10m. L-paths
From: i4jmy@migate.ampr.org (i4jmy@migate.ampr.org)
Date: Mon Dec 15 16:02:54 1997
  Last friday and during the arrl 10m, some Long-path qso took place
  repetitively from here to VR2 (13z) and JA (10z).
  Under my past experience on 10 meters, I remember it was possible
  from here to work VK/ZL around 22/24z (with high SFI) if beaming
  long-path, but it never happened any time of the day with JA or Asia.
  More peculiar, about 10 meter is that I never experienced paths were
  the most of the distance is through areas in darkness.
  It occurred to me it could have been not a real long-path but some
  strange scattering, unfortunately I couldn't ask the correspondant
  if they did beam long path too.

  Did anyone else experienced something similar in the last days ?
  In the past ?
  Is there anyone who has or knows some theory about ?

  73,
  Mauri I4JMY (one of IR4T)

  E-mail:

  i4jmy@migate.ampr.org