[CQ-Contest] more 1 station, 2callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] more 1 station, 2callsigns
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Mon Dec 15 18:52:06 1997
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I admit to being naive when it comes to any reason why using more
> than one call from a given station would be of any benefit until the
> answer hit me.  Imagine the scenerio where a single world class
> station capable of operating the 6 HF contest bands simultaneously in
> CQWW, either mode, enters six seperate single band/single op scores
> all with different calls.  Now, if a naive person like me can dream
> that one up....

Benefit to WHOM?  Besides this thread is about ARRL contests and ARRL's
new rules.  The scenario you describe is already done frequently in CQ
contests and is just fine per their rules.  And what harm would does it do?

It should be wrong for me to sit and hand out club calls to my friends,
but the one station/two call thing eludes me.  But, as others have said
in the past, I AM from California...

73, Jim  N6IG