[CQ-Contest] Re: Multiple Calls From One QTH

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Multiple Calls From One QTH
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue Dec 16 17:46:04 1997
K4OJ wrote:

> Often I have wondered about having two single ops from the same station
>with the ops alternating either on the hour or half hour and challenging
>each other...who would win? This has to be as equalized a competition as
>you could get, more so than the WRTC events
> k4oj

Hu All.  One of the things that I see an awful lot of on this reflectore
is getting the new or younger generation of hams active in contesting.  I
think Jim's point is an excellent one.  What would be more fun than
getting a bunch of novices or code techs into a ten meter contest and
competing against eachother.  Sure there would be a propagation advantage
or disadvantage for one or the other.  You could even make a certificate
to give to the operator that makes the most Q's or points or whatever.  I
think that would be an exciting time for a new ham!!  At least they know
they are competing in a contest they can win something in.  I don't see
how that would be such a terrible violation of any rules if the station
owner is not figuring in getting into the contest anyway.  IMHO. Merry
Christmas to all and to all a  Good Night!!
Tom W7WHY