[CQ-Contest] 2 QSOs at once?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2 QSOs at once?
From: km0l@tfs.net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Tue Dec 16 02:16:21 1997
I have run into this numerous times. I see no problem with logging both
qso's since contact was made with both stations. The problem arises when a
serial number is part of the exchange (which it is not in the 10m test). In
that case I will give the callsign of each station and their serial
numbers. I love making more than one qso at a time!
73 de KM0L Steve in KC

----------
> From: Gary Letchford <k0luz@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Doug Smith <desmith@Telalink.Net>
> Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2 QSOs at once?
>

> Doug Smith wrote:
>
> > I'll bet someone else out there has run into this one...  K0LUZ CQing
on one
> > frequency (say 28010), K5NU CQing about 200Hz lower.  K0LUZ ends a CQ,
and I
> > dump in my call.  Both LUZ and NU send "W9WI 5NN <state>" (and I copy
both).
> > I send my exchange, and they *both* QSL it.  Do I count both QSOs?
> >
> > (personally, I did -- after all, all necessary information *did* get
exchanged)

> > 73 Doug

> > Douglas E. Smith  W9WI/4                desmith@Telalink.net.xxx
> > 1385 Old Clarksville Pike               (preferred for long files)
> > Pleasant View, TN  37146-8098 USA              -or-
> > (615) 746-5205                          72777.3143@compuserve.com.xxx
> >                                         (preferred for time-critical
info)
> > (.xxx added to end of email address to hopefully foil spammers)

> > --
> > CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
> > Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com
>

> I've wondered about that problem too..... and especially since I was one
end of
> this situation.
> The problem is (and I'm guilty also) that most reports are not prefaced
by the call
> of the station you are giving the report to.  The timing is right from
beginning to
> end and there was nothing to indicate that I was not the station being
worked.  I
> would call it a good contact because you
> got the information from both stations and both stations acknowledged the
qso.  I
> sometimes have the feeling that although the qso is done right on
frequency,  the
> timing is not quite right.
> But then,  I've worked plenty of stations that gave my call at the
beginning that
> waiting a few
> seconds too long or even started the report before my relay released.
The
> suggestion is to give the call of the station you are trying to work and
the log
> checkers will have a bunch more accurate logs
>
> The interesting thing I noticed in this contest is the number of stations
who would
> call after a
> prolonged wait after the finish of a cq.  Just for the fun of it,
instead of only
> waiting about 3 to 4 seconds before  calling "test K0LUZ"  again,  I
would wait 15
> seconds (with the feeling that someone was going to steal the frequency
before I
> got back on again).  It was amazing the
> number of times someone would finally call after 10 seconds or so.
Perhaps they