[CQ-Contest] Re: VO2RAC in RAC contest - Labrador

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: VO2RAC in RAC contest - Labrador
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Tue Dec 30 12:44:36 1997
Hi Garie:  Your section "NL" is correct for the new ARRL section.
However, the rules for the RAC contests say that the abbreviation is
"NF."  This is an inconsistency that should probably be corrected in
favor of the "NL" designation, which it seems to me would be more
inclusive of Labrador, but it requires the rules writers of RAC to make
that change.  I don't have any software for this contest, so it doesn't
make a lot of difference unless you do have such software.  You made the
correct change insofar as ARRL section contests is concerned.  There are
other differences from ARRL sections in RAC contests.  At least there is
one:  VE8 and VY1 are two separate multipliers in RAC contests.
Unfortunately I was unable to work the one VE8 I heard in the RAC
contest last Sunday.  He seemed to be just answering CQs and didn't
answer mine.  73, John.