[CQ-Contest] RTTY.... VY1JA.... e-Lmer.....Help!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY.... VY1JA.... e-Lmer.....Help!
From: j.allen@yec.yk.ca (J. Allen)
Date: Tue Jan 6 15:00:33 1998
I have had two contesting friends mention RTTY contesting recently to me.

Here's the deal.  I have the MFJ1278.  It is used and has never been tried
at VY1JA.  I know nothing about RTTY.  I have no software and do not know
what kind to get.

I need someone out there to be a long distance e-mail Elmer.(e-Lmer)

I will send you my MFJ1278.  You test it and tell me if it is any good.  If
it is not, you tell me what kind to replace it with,  what kind of software
to get and where, and you take the time to talk me through the very basic
steps of hooking it up and getting into RTTY.

All you get out of this is my thanks, and the possibility of a VY1
multiplier in your next RTTY contest, which you will have to e-mail me and
remind me to be involved in!

This is a bad deal for you, but the best that I can do.

Anyone interested in seeing me try to activate Yukon THIS badly????

J., VY1JA