[CQ-Contest] WARC & "anti-contests"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WARC & "anti-contests"
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed Jan 14 02:36:11 1998
Ve3bmv wrote:

> Give it up! WARC bands were created mainly for those technically
>minded, wanting no contest QRM and peacefull bands for experimentation
>with weird modes.

Hi Yuri.
Evidently you have never listened on 17 meters. If those people I hear up
there are "technically minded", I must have been listening to different
people than you. I hear people talking about their lumbago, their dog
chased a cat up a tree again, I've come back from the hospital from my
45th operation.  I don't think I've ever heard any kind of a technical
discussion there.  There is more antenna and technical stuff disussed on
1855 khz than I've ever heard on 17. 73
Tom W7WHY