[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #376

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #376
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Mon Jan 19 10:34:45 1998
In a message dated 98-01-19 04:25:28 EST, desmith@Telalink.Net writes:

<< frequencies reserved for the emergency in W1/W2/VE2.  Not being on the
 East Coast, and not having had a real 75m antenna until about 2 years
 ago, I'm not particularly conversant on the do's & don'ts of the
 3750-3800 segment.  I've had successful (and unjammed) domestic
 non-contest QSOs in the 3790-3800 segment before, and figured that as
 long as I listened to make sure the frequency was unoccupied and
 inquired whether it was in use before CQing, it was OK to use.
 Obviously, that's not the case.

I, too, was unaware of the "quiet zone" and landed there for a while. Let's
learn together and not flame those who trespass.

Tom, K5RC (K7GJ)