[CQ-Contest] SVGA Replacement Recommendations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SVGA Replacement Recommendations
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sat Jan 24 18:38:31 1998
On Sat, 24 Jan 1998 10:40:34 +0000, "John Guida" <nj1v@phoenix.net>
wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>My Gateway Crystal Scan 1572FS SVGA display is about ready to bite
>the dust! It's been a pretty good monitor, but I have experienced RFI
>that I have never been able to totally eliminate. The interference
>points relative to frequencies are far enough apart to allow me to
>pretty easily avoid them during contests when I am calling CQ, but
>occasionally will be in the way of some weaker signal stations
>during S&P.
>
>So...I'm soliciting advice on your experiences for what might be a
>relatively "clean" SVGA display I might consider.
>
>Tnx in advance for everyone's help.

>John Guida NJ1V
>nj1v@phoenix.net
I'm using a Compaq Presario 1400 and it's very clean, but a bit old
now and probably out of stock.  One thing to look for is a "lump" in
the data cable (not the power cable).  It's a ferrite bead which will
go a long way toward interference reduction.  Most new monitors have
one but some older ones may not.

73, Bill W7TI