[CQ-Contest] SVGA Replacement Recommendations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SVGA Replacement Recommendations
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Sat Jan 24 18:18:49 1998
I've drug home a number of different ones from work and here is what I've
found:

----realize that some of these are high-end CAD monitors and some are no
longer available except through surplus and second hand means......

NEC 6FGp:  Clean! (though VERY pricey!)
Compaq 1725: Clean up to 10M, then some weak birdies every 23.75kc.
Viewsonic 17PS: VERY noisey on 80, 40, 20 and barely tolerable on 10.
Viewsonic 21PS: Clean.  This is a totally different monitor from the 17PS.
No fancy front panel buttons to access the setup options. (Pricey).
NEC 5D: OK but really flakey reliabilty-wise.
NEC 3D: Clean like the Compaq but really affordable on the second hand
market (I have one at home that I paid $135 for).
Packard-Bell SVGA-series: I have 3 at home.  All clean.
NEC Flat panel LCD: Cleanest!  Like Will Smith said in Independence Day; "I
gotta get me one of these!"

73 Gary K7FR

PS....I can't afford what I want.....but I won't pass up a clean,
reasonably priced NEC 3D!