[CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Debate
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sat Jan 24 16:07:39 1998
>1) Make up your own mind about what turns you on.
>2) Have fun!

I think you tend to find more interest in doing two radios the further you
get from a favored QTH.  For example, in the DX contests the closer you get
to Boston the more chance you have of running the boys at 100+ per hour.
John Dorr commented to me after CQWW CW that he was afraid during the
contest that he might be taking a licking because he wasn't pounding the
second radio.  Well, we all know what happened.  When you can work 4100
QSO's in a 48 hour contest, the 2nd radio isn't as important.

Which brings me to Freds points #1 & #2.  I find that if the rate is below
100 per hour, I'm bored.  The 2nd radio brings back the fun for me.  I'd
rather listen to a 2nd radio than read old NCJ's.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com