[CQ-Contest] Windows contesting logging

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Windows contesting logging
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Wed Jan 28 09:41:19 1998
Hello All, I don't understand all this DOS-Windows thing. I have a 386
SX-16 with 4 megs of Sipps memory, DOS 6.22 , 130 Meg HD, 2 speed CD-ROM
and 4 serial ports (3 working),(if I can install the extra comport and
getting it working on the first try anybody can do it), I also use a bus
mouse. It runs all of my ham programs just fine. I'll admit if my loGic 4
logging program would come up a little faster I would be happier but, I
can live with it. I have the rig interfaced to the contest program and
the everyday logging program, works like a champ! I have been thinking of
installing a DVR card, shouldn't be a problem. I don't have to worry
about computer generated RFI, it sets right above the rig and the packet
radio and TNC is just above that. I guess this machine will die someday
but, as cheep as these machines are I could pick up another and load
everything on it and just put it in the corner some where until it's
needed. I also have 18 megs free on the HD and I can delete at least 3
programs if I need more. Am I missing something here??? Works for
me.......

         73, Bill KB3AUG

         Riverton, WV-- Pendleton County

         100 miles from anywhere that matters.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]