[CQ-Contest] Windows contesting logging

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Windows contesting logging
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (Doug KR2Q)
Date: Wed Jan 28 10:13:54 1998
In a message dated 98-01-28 00:48:41 EST, K4OJ wrote:

<< those olde dogs of 386 and 486 computers are everywhere currently,
 I bought a 386 system for 75 bucks at the Tampa convention a few months ago
 - it was enough machine to run logging programs....any time now the 486es
 should be dipping down to this level price wise.. >>

You must be in the wrong part of the world.  I was just GIVEN (as in FREE) a
486/50 with 16 meg of RAM and a 208 MB SCSI hard drive (an IBM too!).  It will
replace my 286/16 which still runs older version of CT and TR just fine!  But
my kids (8 and 10 years old) have their eyes on a Pentium II/300 Mhz, so their
P5/90 (they call it a fossil) will one day "move over a desk."  It's got to be
just a matter of time before we hams and our love for "trailing edge"
technology are all running Pentiums in the shack cuz they are the cheapest
thing out there!  I fully expect to be "offered" a pentium for FREE within
another year or two (at most!).  That 32 bit will be the only game in town
should be taken as fact.  Time for the software gurus to get to work!

:-)

de Doug KR2Q