[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu Jan 29 08:41:16 1998
At 12:40 PM 1/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>     One reason comes right from ECON 101 and ACCT 102 (called ECON 2113
>and ACCT 2521, respectively, here at ECU).

<economics deleted>

All good points, but the real issue, IMO,  is the decline in substantive
content.  CQ's slope in this respect has been as steep as QST's, but they
also started from a lower general level.  At least QST's product reviews
have some integrity... The dumbing down at CQ finally reached the point
where I cancelled my subscription and threw away all the back issues (after
pulling the major contest results.

I wonder if, at some point, CQ, CQ Contest, CQ VHF and Communications
Quarterly will merge back into one mag.  With appropriate chaff removal,
*that* would be a product worth reading!

73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia