[CQ-Contest] ARRL CW: Contacts with ZK1DI

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL CW: Contacts with ZK1DI
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue Feb 24 12:34:40 1998
This is a problem in many contests and here is at least one answer to it.

>Did anyone complete a contest contact with ZK1DI (I am pretty sure that was
>his call)?  Per Perry Bradshaw K0KD  @ N0NI
>
>Like a lot of people, I found him working a pileup on 10 meters during the
>waning hours of the test.   Many, if not most, calling appeared to be
>contesters, but after a few minutes it was obvious the op was not in the
>contest, and he was firm in  refusing to give a contest exchange.  ("Nil"
>seemed to be his standard response to a request for power).

This happens a few times each contest.  His report of 599nil or maybe 599000
to make your logger work should be a good contact.  I remember several years
ago in my 160 single band ARRL SSB entry I worked FK8CP and I got a report
but no power.  I put the Q in the CT log and used 000 as the power.  Be sure
to make a note on the summary sheet about the Q for the contest checkers.

ZK1DI is in South Cooks but is heading for ZK3 later this year.

Dave K4JRB
CQ WW 160 Contest Director