[CQ-Contest] Novices/Technicians/Contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Novices/Technicians/Contesting
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Wed Mar 4 02:28:53 1998
>George Fremin said:
>
>>> You should also show them HF contesting - invite them over.....
>>> This is a wonderful way to expose all this fun we have to the new
>comer.

YUP! One better...maybe. Got some coming over with NO LICENSE! They will
either think that it is the "neatest damn thing in the world"...Or they
will think "What in the hell are these guys doing? These are supposed to be
grown men, well most of them anyway!"

If it is the latter maybe I will show them a Phone Patch on VHF, that
always gets them!

Mike...NO6X
#1 World 1997 WPX SSB Rookie

Why is it that when you transport something by car, its called a shipment,
but when you transport something by ship, its called cargo?