[CQ-Contest] Trey's Solution

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Trey's Solution
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon Mar 9 15:34:16 1998
I was in the car on the way to the station Sunday afternoon and got to
observe some of what K7SS was talking about in his email.  The worst by
far was some HU-something operator.  I listened to him not confirm
callsign after callsign.  I had enough & called him...

ME:   Kilo Four Alpha Alpha Alpha

HU:   Kilo One Alpha Romeo Alpha 59 500

ME:  Kilo Four Alpha Alpha Alpha

HU:  Kilo Four Alpha Romeo Alpha 59 500, please your state

ME:  Kilo Four Alpha Alpha Alpha

HU:  Please your state again?

ME:  Kilo Four Alpha Alpha Alpha

HU:  Kilo Four Alpha Alpha Alpha 59 500

ME:  59 Georgia

No kidding... That's how it went.  Now had everyone that I heard him
"work" done the same thing, this guy would be "running" them much slower
than anyone else.  Again, I come back to the fact that it is OUR
responsibility to make these guys do the right thing...  Not Billy Lunt's
or Bob Cox's.

73

Bill, W4AN