[CQ-Contest] 1998 ARRL SSB In'tl Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1998 ARRL SSB In'tl Contest
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Mon Mar 9 15:28:53 1998
I would like to add my voice to those that oppose the abysmal
operating practiced by some of the DX stations (and, I'm sure,
some of the Stateside contesters, as well) of NOT identifying
for long periods of time (3-10 contacts or more).  It is very
frustrating for those contesters that, knowing every second
counts in making more QSOs, are attempting to work the station
that is not IDing as often as he should.

It is, in my opinion (one of 6 billion in the world, but the
most important one to me) that it smacks of a certain arrogance
on the part of the non-identifying or slow identifying station.
I personally wish they could operate from the other side of the
coin and experience this frustration.  But then perhaps, they
enjoy this little display of power.  Perhaps it inflates their
ego to make other stations que up and wait.  It takes all kinds.

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net