[CQ-Contest] give both calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] give both calls
From: kw4t@banm.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Mon Mar 9 15:18:11 1998
I have to agree with Doug regarding 40 Meters SSB.  As long as we have to
operate split here in the States the two stations simply must acknowledge
each others calls.  A few times I was in doubt while operating 40 at
W3LPL this last weekend and I would tell the other station to repeat my
all or he's not going in the log.  He didn't give the call and I hit
ALT-W.

When Frank operated with me he commented to me several times about the
problem.

I have also developed a new use for the second Rx on the Beverage.
Listen to the RX freq while transmitting.  This way when two stateside
stations are using the same QSX, you can hear the other calls and realize
that somebody needs to move.

I hate to say that it needs to be a rule but I think it does, at least on
40 meters, and maybe on 80 and 160.

At least, now I know that Europeans DO LISTEN UP!  What a great
experience this past weekend was.

I'll be back in Lake Moneysgone for the WPX sqeaking out my little pistol
signal on 40 LP.

BTW:  El Nino ran off with my antenna so I get to rebuild this year.
again.

73 From Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T