[CQ-Contest] da contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] da contest
From: mikeyzr@juno.com (Michael K Brostrom)
Date: Mon Mar 9 18:23:13 1998
Hi everyone.  My 2 op group was lots of fun this past weekend.  We
certainly learned a lot about callsigns, antennas etc.  Here is a little
"Top 5" list that I made up for my first contest.  I think most of you
big guns will think back to when you were a teenager and can relate with
me.  So, here it goes in no particular order.

1. Don't ask the operator what he wants on his pizza while trying to, or
in the process of breaking up a pile-up of stations to work dx.

2. When using an HT for packet, (dx spots) make sure the battery saver
switch is DISABLED!  (makes posting and receiving spots much easier :)

3. Lock the ham shack door if children under 12 are present in the house.

4. When 3:30 a.m. comes around, it is a good idea to have your call
placed on a yellow sheet of paper in front of you.  After contesting for
9 and 1/2 hours straight, you become delerious yourself.

5. Try to avoid using a call with a zero following or preceding a Z .
Most dx stations have problems saying KB0ZKZ phonetically.  (we
definitely had fun with this.  sometimes repeating it 10 times or more
with different phonetics each time!)

Hope you enjoyed it and hope everyone had as much fun as we did.  73

Mike Brostrom-KB0YZR
10X#-69288
mikeyzr@juno.com -"text only"
mikeyzr@hotmail.com  -"pics and graphics only"
http://members.tripod.com/~hamradio_1/index.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]