[CQ-Contest] ARRL SSB ramblings

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SSB ramblings
From: lu5cw@qsl.net (LU5CW Ernesto Grueneberg)
Date: Wed Mar 11 09:23:21 1998
>There has been quite a bit said about the advantage of having operators at
>multi-multi who are fluent in Spanish to work the South American crowd.
>With absolutely pounding signals from LU/CX/CE on 10 meters both days, I
>spent a certain amount of time calling CQ with *NO* answers.  Does this
>mean: a) I was weak (but I was getting through to CQing stations on the
>first call); b) my Spanish is even worse than I thought (but the South
>Americans I ragchew with seem to think it's OK); or c) absolutely every
>LU/CX/CE with even a remote interest in contesting is already CQing; or d)
>other....?

>73, Jim N9JF

Well, c) should be the main reason, here is few people interested in
answering to ANOTHER N9
Also, where did you call? For success with spanish calls you should try
28300-350 (novice band) and I suggest some good technique I heard this
weekend. Don't call concurso, call cq and ask that novice the power... some
guys here don't like contests at all, but they DO like DX stations (and for
many beginners a N9 is DX). But most stations not serious into the contest
will spend some hours only calling cq.

BTW, are very interesting the comments about us... but I wonder if anyone
will remember us when you have cndx with EU.

Good luck. Adios, suerte en el concurso.

Ernesto Grueneberg LU5CW (ex LU6BEG, LU2BRG)
mailto:lu5cw@qsl.net
Other calls used: LU6BEG/PY, ZP5/LU6BEG, ZP5/LU2BRG, L3CW, ZP5XF (wpx cw 97,
iaru 97, cqww cw 97), ZW5B (cqww cw 95), LT4E (wpx ssb 95, iaru 95, wae ssb
95, cqww ssb 95), LW2DFM (ARRL rtty 97, jidx lb 94), LU4FM (wae cw 95, arrl
10 95, arrl cw 96, wae ssb 96, arrl ssb 97, wpx ssb 97), LP4H (cqww cw 94),
L70FM (cqww ssb 97) , LP4F (wpx cw 94), LT1F (wae cw 97, wpx rtty 98, arrl
cw 98), LS0A (arrl 10m 94,
arrl ssb 95), L73AA, AY1A, L40A (cqww ssb 93), L20A (wpx ssb 94), LU4AA
(iaru 93, wae ssb 93, cqww ssb 94), LU2DW (arrl ssb 95), LU7FJ (cqww ssb
1996), LU6ETB (wpx cw 96, wae cw 96, arrl 10m 96, arrl cw 97, cqww rtty 97)
, LT6E (wpx cw 95), LU6EBY (sac cw 94).