[CQ-Contest] Second Request for Ideas Contesting Discussion at Dayton Yo

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Second Request for Ideas Contesting Discussion at Dayton YouthForum
From: w2gd@hotmail.com (John Crovelli)
Date: Wed Mar 18 13:26:51 1998
First, thanks to the two dozen of you who have already responded.
Wanted to give a few more of you the opportunity to comment before I
post a summary.

Below is a copy of my original request.  If you have some ideas/comments
on how to make this talk the best it can be please send them along.
Thanks.  John, W2GD

>Hi Everyone.
>
>I have been granted 10 to 12 minutes of time to address the Dayton
>Hamvention Youth Forum regarding contesting.
>
>I am looking for ideas - how should this short talk be approached?
>
>The audience will be largely teenagers - what is a surefire way to grab
>and hold their attention?
>
>What aspects of contesting do you think should be included in the talk?
>
>What information should be emphasized?
>
>Any suggestions regarding graphics, net sites, etc.
>
>This is just one of those small opportunities that we have to reach a
>new audience and maybe bring in some younger recruits.
>
>Whatever ideas you might pass along are appreciated.  I will summarize
your submissions and post the summary on this reflector.