[CQ-Contest] DX & Contest Forums NOT @ Hara Arena

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX & Contest Forums NOT @ Hara Arena
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Thu Apr 9 23:04:56 1998
Just found out something today that really frosts my a#$ and thought that
those of you who are (were?) planning on attending at least some of the DX
and Contesting forums might be interested.

The dara hamvention committee (lack of capitalization intentional!!), in all
their infinite wisdom, has moved BOTH the DX and Contesting forums off site
this year. Guess they don't want those of us who still have and use HF
privliges corrupting the minds of all the shack-on-the-belt types. That's
the ONLY possible reason I can think of for moving what are probably the two
most heavily attended and certainly longest forums at the Hamvention. I for
one typically wander in and out of both forums throughout the day Saturday
and I am sure there are many others who do the same. Well, now that these
forums are moved to Meadowdale High School, your only recourse is to take a
bus back and forth. That sure as hell shoots any chance of wandering in and
out or making a quick dash for that goodie that you just decided to pick
up!!! I have no idea what the shuttle bus schedule will be but would guess
that you can write off a good 45 minutes for a round trip!!
  Maybe its not too late to get it changed but I am not very optimistic at
this point. If you want to let the hamvention committee know your feelings,
their email address follows:

chair@hamvention.org
achair@hamvention.org

My message will be on the way as soon as I get it clean enough to keep me
out of jail.

You can check the forum schedule at the following URL:

http://www.hamvention.org/forums.html

And all this after raising the ticket prices another 2 bucks or 15+% !!!
Boy, inflation must be worse than I thought!

Mike Rhodes / W8DN