[CQ-Contest] WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Wed Apr 15 08:32:02 1998
>    I reiterate..Just 1 contest where every participant feels that he/she
>has a chance to compete fairly against the peerage would give contesting
>the serious boost thats needed for it to thrive and attract new players.
>Let the manager of the CQ-WPX know how you feel. If you don't, then nobody
>will. This is our game to shape and play in.
>   73 and I remain,
>    Lew
Very well stated, Lew, and quite true and accurate.  It is quite obvious
that those that have an advantage wish to perpetuate it..... that is most
understandable..... but there are many other contesters in the United
States that would like to see the playing field leveled a bit by changing
the time back to 24 or 30 hours.  Leveling the playing field has less to
do with "determination and strategy" and more to do with keeping the
propagational advantages of the northeastern states from totally overweighing
any other major factor of contesting available to the rest of the USA.

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net