[CQ-Contest] Contest ethics v. time & technology

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest ethics v. time & technology
From: S56A@S55TCP.ampr.org (Marijan Miletic)
Date: Fri May 22 11:04:03 1998
>From a small sample of young S5 contesters I got feeling that they all strive
for legal power plus, use whatever technology is available including logging
via Internet on OH, JA & USA DX clusters.
I am pleased with CQ Contest move to electronic log processing and I hope they
will abolish single op. assisted class as everybody is so much "assisted" these
days thanks to computers and WW telecommunications.
Even the ethics change these days, unfrtunately for worse in many parts of the
world.
73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.
P.S.  It is encouraging to see new RSGB President with professional CW back-
ground supporting abolishment of CW for HF privileges!