[CQ-Contest] Re: Contest Ethics -A Case Study?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Contest Ethics -A Case Study?
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spencer Lazar)
Date: Fri May 22 10:34:38 1998
>* Entered as Single Operator (indicating they did not use
>PacketCluster): WB8..., ect., ect., ect.
>
>* Entered as Multi Operator (indicating they used PacketCluster, but
>what about the soliciting contact angle?): W5..., ect., ect., ect.

Geez,

A few guys having fun in the SS, A few guys chasing a mug,
another few guys getting together as a multi making more noise
in the shack than on the air. Take all their scores add them
up, not many points.

Are they cheating.....naw, are they pushing the envelope.....naw,
Are they depriving you of your unrelenting purpose in life.....naw,
What's the beef?

Are they having fun.....yes!
Am I having fun reading their packet spots?.....yes!
Wouldn't you trade a piece of walnut for that?.....yes!

.....Now for the real serious business, what are you going to do
with that $10 gift certificate you won for that $1500 rota roota
ring-a-ding you won at the contest dinner?  Or that 500 mackerel
gift certificate towards a $5000 state of the art microwave oven?
or $25 of funny money towards some meteorological correct beam?

My hats off to Cushcraft (Big Thunder Beam) R.F. Applications
(P-1500 Watt Meter) and even CQ Magazine (Subsriptions) for actually
donating prizes, rather than some shameless self-promotion offering
a discount on a prize.

What kind of prize is that? (Hey you, listen up, even Publishers
Clearing House isn't that cheap!)

Sincerely yours,
dr. Bafoofnik