[CQ-Contest] CW WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW WPX
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Jun 9 02:40:22 1998
At 07:43 AM 6/8/98 -0400, Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

>>[3830] VE7NTT WPX CW SOAB LP (fwd)
>> There was essentially no rate to the States on 20 after the first few
>>hours of the contest, a bit surprising as this year there was no
>>conflict with Memorial Day weekend.
>>Gary Caldwell  VE7NTT
>
>Not so surpising Gary.  People dont avoid the WPX because of the Memorial
>Day weekend conflict.  That was just a convenient excuse.
>
>I think the 1-point QSO's will be great next year.  But after this
>weekend I still think 30 hours is the better format.  Mainly because it
>is a summer contest.  I believe people dont want to waste 3 days on a
>contest at the end of May due to the nice WX.  Make it 30 hours, and all
>of a sudden it's more appealing.

Particularly if you don't have K indices of 3-5 for the first 24 hours!   I
quit at 1300Z on Saturday and spent the remainder of the weekend outside.
As Johnny Cochran might have said if he was a ham, "If you can't run in WPX
it's no fun!"

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"