[CQ-Contest] Problems with Heil & FT1000MP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Problems with Heil & FT1000MP
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman)
Date: Tue Jun 16 10:55:43 1998
The Heil elements and the FT-1000mp work fine together, with setting s
(both MIC and PROC) both at about the 10 o'clock position, very close to
thesettings for the original hand mic supplied.   Even the lower output
Radio Shack (ProSet look alikes) elements are still fine with the 'MP.
Their audio quality is another story and it does vary between units.

I have found the Heils to be fine on all Yaesu and Kenwood radios that
we've used here in multi operations.  Icom is a different story, but I was
pleasantly surprised to find the new IC 746 worked great with the Heil
(just inserted a DC block cap). The 756 may just work but the mic gain
needs to be at or near maximum. I had to use a home brew mic amp for the
706.

The original gentleman that had the problem with the MP and the Heil needs
to look for a problem elsewhere, as the two units work very well together
if both are operating normally.

73 Don
VE6JY