[CQ-Contest] Stubs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Stubs
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Fri Jun 19 14:00:43 1998
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, PAUL M. PLAYFORD wrote:

> I constructed 2 stubs for each band with the exception of 40 meters.
> One for cw and the other for ssb.  The 40 meter cw and ssb were close
> together so one stub did it for both.

A few more points that have been discussed here in the past that are
worth more air time...

1)  The lower loss the stub cable is, the sharper the Q.

2)  Using multiple stubs:  If you seperate them by 1/4 wave at the
frequency of desired rejection you increase the attenuation greatly.  For
instance at my station every band below 21Mhz looks like this:

-from 20m antenna(s)- ----1/4 28Mhz-- ---------14Mhz rig
 1/4 wave 14Mhz ---> |  -----------> |
                          Shorted
                   75 Ohm or 50 Ohm Low Loss