[CQ-Contest] Has the contest ended?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Has the contest ended?
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Thu Jul 2 20:29:29 1998
Bill et al:

I think the core question at play behind all this thread is what is
contesting?

Is it:
1. A test of radio communication skills?
2. Or a test of one's ability to flip pages of a callbook, scan entries
on a CD-ROM, compare logs with friends or playback audio tape?

Please tell me it's No.1. If so, then while we all have to set our own
moral benchmark, as long as what we do doesn't interfere with the spirit
of No.1, it's OK.

If it's No.2, hell, I can do that already. In which case there's no
challenge left in contesting. Origami, anyone?

73, kelly