[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #572

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #572
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Fri Jul 17 03:58:37 1998
At 11:45 PM 7/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>During this, John, W1XX, decided to try an ID in every QSO. His number
>of QSO's increased. I link this to the masses of weekend amateurs who
>tune past a signal and only call if they know who it is.

Actually, I think it's because he didn't waste half the contest working
dupes....

Seriously, when I'm working high rates, if I forget to ID (I *try* to ID
after every QSO) the chance the next caller will be a dupe goes sky-high -
at least 50/50.  It may not be quite that bad if you're operating from a DX
location like P40, but I'll bet it's significant.

73 Doug