[CQ-Contest] THE UNTOLD TRUTH ABOUT CQWW SCORING SYSTEM AND WHY IT WILL

Subject: [CQ-Contest] THE UNTOLD TRUTH ABOUT CQWW SCORING SYSTEM AND WHY IT WILL NEVER CHANGE
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon Aug 3 17:38:31 1998
>THE UNTOLD TRUTH ABOUT CQWW SCORING SYSTEM AND WHY IT WILL NEVER
CHANGE

<snip>

>If I was not operating from one of those few winning places I
would vote =
>for 3 points for every QSO outside your country.
>
>;)
>
>Vy 73
>Jose
>CT1BOH/P40E

Sounds like a good case of schadenfreude*, to me!

;-)
73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org

* = Today's (8/3/98) word from A.Word.A.Day
(http://www.wordsmith.org/awad/)  -- Mere coincidence?  I think
not.

schadenfreude (SHAAD-n-froiduh) noun

   Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

[German : Schaden, damage (from Middle High German schade, from
Old High
German scado) + Freude, joy, from Middle High German vreude, from
Old High
German frewida, from fro, happy.]

   "That accounts for the schadenfreude that many felt when
Microsoft,
   somewhat humbled, gave in and licensed Java from Sun after
completely
   miscalculating the potential of the Internet."
   Steven Titch, Editorial Director, Why we love Java, Telephony,
25 Mar 1996.