[CQ-Contest] DX in NAQP & Sprints

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX in NAQP & Sprints
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Tue Aug 4 11:13:00 1998
Hi Stefan:  Thanks for the two QSOs last weekend in NAQP.  Yes, DX
stations count for QSO Points in ARRL FD.  Some of us consider it a
contest even though it is not "politically correct" to say so.  Since
there are no multipliers (except power, etc) in FD, the DX QSOs count
exactly as much as a W/VE QSO.  My experience in Korea in FD in 1968,
though, was that not too many W/VE stations listened for DX.  I made a
lot of unanswered calls.  I thought it was not because the FD operators
didn't think they could work DX, but that all of the beams were pointed
inward and it was hard to break through.  Sort of like working in the
European Sprint.  I seem to have better luck in working stations in the
European FD in June.  73, John, K4BAI.