[CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Aug 4 14:13:11 1998

Can we please change the power limit for NAQP to 100
instead of 150 watts?  KZ2S and I drafted those rules
originally, and then I thought 150w made sense.  However, a very
good competitor mentioned to me before the contest that he
was going to use his amps to reach 150w output.  Geeezz...
that's not what was intended.  150w was intended to cover all radios at
the time.  Ya, some might get 110w, some might get 90w, but the idea
was/is that this is a contest without amplifiers.

I personally dont think there is much difference between 100 and 150, but
let's take amplifiers out of the equation.

Thanks

Bill, W4AN