[CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 5 19:29:43 1998
Well, I am overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised over the number of messages I
got from FT1000D owners who turn their power down to 150 watts for NAQP. I
don't have a radio that will run 150 watts (TS850SAT), so it is a non-issue to
me whether you run 100, 150 or 200 watts in a stateside contest.

The reason for my cynical post was that the last time I was editor of the NCJ,
we did a readers' survey and the answer to the question of what we could do
about contesters running high power (QROO) was that no one really cared. I
guess I figured if no one cared about 1.5KW or 6KW, what's the difference
between 100 and 200 watts. Looks like we have a more ethical group of folks
who operate the NAQP. Outstanding!!!!

Tom, K5RC