[CQ-Contest] Collins Filters in Contest Rigs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Collins Filters in Contest Rigs
From: w2vjn@rosenet.net (George Cutsogeorge)
Date: Tue Aug 11 10:07:31 1998
Here are some measured numbers for those of us that like to see data.
Mechanical filters have bandwidths specified at -3 dB and crystal filters
are specified at -6 dB.  To make the comparison, both types were measured
at -6 dB.

Filter                         -6 dB        -60 dB    Loss, dB

Collins "500 Hz"          600          1500         2.2
Inrad 703                    400            745         3.3

Collins "2.6 kHz"       2700           5200        1.4
Inrad 702                  2150           3300        3.6

George
w2vjn@rosenet.net

Yes, I am associated with International Radio.