[CQ-Contest] Help with Multi/Single rules for CQ WW SSB?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help with Multi/Single rules for CQ WW SSB?
From: herbr@netcom.com (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Sun Oct 4 21:11:32 1998

Can I get a clarification on the rule regarding the Multi OP / Single
Transmiiter Rule?  I have never worked M/S before, so I want to be sure I
understand this rule.

The rule states:

>>> One-and only one-other band may be used during any 10 minute period
if-and only if-the station worked is a new multiplier.

So, let's suppose that the primary transmitter starts the contest on
20SSB.  Can the other transmitter go to 15ssb, and start
working stations that are calling cq there, since each one
at that moment (probably) would be a new multiple?  (new country or new
zone on that band). And, then they (the multiplier station) cannot change to
another band before ten minutes of operating, correct?

Is that a correct interpretation of this rule?

Are there any other nuances of this rule that are important to
understand?  Any suggestions for a first time multi op single station to
consider in an effort to maximize your score?

Thanks and 73.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com