[CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] W2A M/M CQWW Phone Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] W2A M/M CQWW Phone Results
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Oct 27 09:20:04 1998

> > It was VK6APZ, I'm still not sure how a guy spends long periods of time
> > calling a staions only to get through and ask him WHATS YOUR CALL!!. I can't
> > remember every calling someone without knowing. Maybe this is a new
> > technique

Well let me remind you that we still have a category in this contest that
doesn't include a packet network.  It's kind of like operating back in the
old days when you actually had to go find multipliers yourself instead of
relying on 500 other guys to find the mults for you.

If I hear a HUGE pileup on 75 meters, the guy has an Aussie accent, and
is signing zone 29, I sure dont need his callsign to know I need to call
him.  I don't think this is a new technique.  I think they call it common
sense.

73

Bill - W4AN - K4AAA