[CQ-Contest] CQWW Phone 1998

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Phone 1998
From: dennisg@netactive.co.za (Dennis Green)
Date: Tue Oct 27 22:34:23 1998
I am definitely not one of the top guns, more like a pea-shooter but I
enjoyed the CQ WW Phone Contest.  I was able to give a few stations Zone 38
and ZS4 (which are not very active !!!! = slightly more active than ZS3).

What bugs me are the guys who call "CQ callsign" and then leave a gap of a
few seconds before starting to call again.  No way can you give you full
call sign in that gap, unless you are running a kilowatt - which I do not -
low power is more of a challenge (my thought).  And am I correct in saying
that very often Africa south of the Sahara does not get an antenna turned
towards it - that is what I experience.

But wow stop the grumbling - the CQ WW is great fun and as the cycle
improves so will the scores.

Have you worked ZS4BS and not got your QSL card yet?  Let me know and I
will sort that one out.

73

Dennis ZS4BS

<Of all the things I have lost, my mind is the one I miss the most!!>