[CQ-Contest] CQWW Phone 1998

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Phone 1998
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Tue Oct 27 13:22:24 1998
> What bugs me are the guys who call "CQ callsign" and then leave a gap of a
> few seconds before starting to call again.  No way can you give you full
> call sign in that gap,

But you only have to make enough noise to get the guy to stop CQing.
For instance, when calling CQ I wouldn't continue CQing upon hearing
"Zulu Sierra Four."  Sorry, I didn't hear the whole call by the end of
my listening quantum so I will start CQing again!  Gotta keep the
CQing on schedule!  :-)

> unless you are running a kilowatt - which I do not -
> low power is more of a challenge (my thought).  And am I correct in saying
> that very often Africa south of the Sahara does not get an antenna turned
> towards it - that is what I experience.

Yep, there's always that!  :-)

The African activity was nothing short of fantastic this during the
contest!  A pleasure to hear you boys on the bands this past weekend.
Thanks!

--Trey, N5KO