[CQ-Contest] Submission of confirmations via Internet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Submission of confirmations via Internet
From: W2CE@prodigy.net (W2CE)
Date: Fri Dec 25 15:37:46 1998
> So far nobody has been able to come up with a system -- PGP
> included -- that K5FUV hasn't been able to alter sample submissions with.
> The study continues...
>
> 73, Fred, K3ZO

Hi Fred,

I spoke with John, N4MM, one convention regarding new confirmation
techniques in DXCC2000 and was pleased that his interpretation for the
new rules included the ablity to add this.

What disturbs me is the lack of support and scrutiny of methods in the
name of fairness and honesty.

With todays scanners, software, and printers it is the actual card that
is going to be the easiest to counterfiet. My new printer does actual
photos so well one would be hard pressed not to tell it was a
recreation.

One cannot expect every DXer to notify ARRL of its logs, but those
wanting to and certainly big DXpeditions could submit them to ARRL if
they wanted to. ARRL surely must be able to trust a submission from the
operator who would verify all QSL's.

The problem revolves around why the amateur world is reviewed as
cheaters needing scrutiny before accepting new methods rather than
working on the small faction that may try to defraud the DXCC Desk.

I would like to believe that we as a group are honest people. I have
been shown a few instances of questionable things. Some pretty close to
being almost certain. The only one ever proven was an OH0 operated from
a hotel room.

--

       73,  Bob Reed,  W2CE

   W2CE@prodigy.net         W2CE@aol.com         W2CE@juno.com