[CQ-Contest] Log checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log checking
From: rhiker@uswest.net (Mike Fatchett)
Date: Sat Mar 6 23:16:32 1999
I fail to understand why one contest would be checked any more or less
thoroughly.  I would like them all checked equally regardless if it is the
Sprint, the NA QSO party, Novice Roundup, SS, etc....I wish this information
was available years ago.  I always wondered why I had Q's disallowed and
why.  The only way to improve is to understand what you have done wrong.

Log checking should be advertised as a bonus.  We check all logs for
accuracy and provide you with a detail report of any errors in your log.  If
all logs are measured against the same yardstick then don't we know who the
real winners are?

It was interesting going over my meager 10m logs from the ARRL DX Contest
this weekend.  I worked EA7BA.  Then I heard EI7BA.  Tried to work him.  He
said dupe.  Hmmm  Did I bust the call the first time?  Put a note in the log
to change EA7BA to EI7.  Heard him later and it was definitely EA7.  Another
note  Change it back.....  Now if he had just worked me I would have had a
busted call and might never of caught it.  Another instance I worked PY2YU.
He said we worked before.  Not in my log, but PY2UY was.  Definitely made me
take note.  The rate today on 10 was less than stellar!  So maybe there is a
value in telling someone they are a dupe after all.....Whoops that is
another thread.

73
Mike
W0MU