[CQ-Contest] SS checking..

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS checking..
From: n0ss@socket.net (Tom Hammond)
Date: Sun Mar 7 13:50:10 1999
Sean Werner K0XQ wrote:

>Even though team KT0R got beat up pretty bad by the new log checking
>software,  I think we all agree that it is a good idea. Part of the mystique
>of SS is that big ol' long exchange; checking the logs more accurately will
>reward the accurate operator(s). Nice to see that the emphasis placed on the
>skill of the operator(s), makes SS not just an amp/tower contest.

I echo these comments.  I was in the 5-percenters club, and not
happy about it.  But it goes to show me where I really need to
put my efforts in improving my contesting skills.  I'll do better
(hopefully) this year, knowing where my major failings lay.

I am GLAD to see improved log checking, it hurts a bit when I'm
one of the beneficiaries, but it was well-earned.

Thanks to those who contributed to the effort....!

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS