[CQ-Contest] Supercheck-partial?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Supercheck-partial?
From: k0hb@uswest.net (Hans Brakob)
Date: Mon Mar 8 08:42:20 1999
This message will probably make me about as popular as screen doors on a
submarine, but hey, I've been flamed by the best....

The 'mini-flap' about too-tough checking in the SS contest just
triggered some dormant neurons about the whole idea of a logging program
'functionality', specifically program-provided aids like "super check
partial".

Does anyone besides me think that the contest logging program should do
recordkeeping tasks such record your log, tally up the score, and handle
the post-contest paperwork...

...but that it should *not* provide help on call signs
(supercheck-partial), remember the exchange from another band and "fill
in the blanks", and other similar "aids to copying"?

73, Hans, K0HB