[CQ-Contest] SS log checks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS log checks
From: k5iid@wvadventures.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue Mar 9 06:18:05 1999
Hi Folks

I requested the log check results from Tree and when I got them,
I was sorry that I had. I was really upset. I didn't
fare too well, and I am very disappointed at that. Although
I prefer to operate CW ( especially contests), I have
never claimed to be a good CW operator and the report
pretty well proves it!  My immediate reaction was " Well,
that's it...no more contests." But after having mellowed
out a bit over a couple of days,  I am determined to improve
and bring the error rate down.

But there are a few things that are bothering me.

The way I understand it, only the electronic logs are being scrutinized.
If true, that seems rather unfair. Perhaps we shouldn't be penalizing anyone
until everyone can be held to  the same standard.

If everyone is to be held to a high standard, then let's
penalize the packet abusers, the excessive power
abusers, multi-op...claim single op, etc, as well as those of us who can't
copy the code.

My error rate was a terrible 5.8 percent. All my errors were busted reports.
No busted calls and except for one all my mistake were "numbers" either ck
or serial numbers...and they were ALL wrong by one digit...66 instead of
76...348 instead
347. Guess I need to practice on the numbers, hi.

Anyone else care to discuss their failures and error rates?

73, Tom K5IID

 Tom Horton
  K5IID
k5iid@wvadventures.net