[CQ-Contest] SS log checks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS log checks
From: thompson@pcsoftintl.com (Randy Thompson)
Date: Tue Mar 9 11:04:04 1999
Before you feel too bad Tom, here is mine.  And I usually have one of the
better error rates in CQ WW and Dayton pile-up contests!  Despite what
appears to be a lot of one character errors, I prefer to think of how
amazing it is that you can copy this much stuff and make so FEW mistakes!

Don't forget how bad conditions were that weekend.  We had major aurora on
Sasturday night and signals were up, down and sideways with multi-path
echoes.

I am thrilled at the level of checking the contest has received.  Part of
contesting is getting things right.  I want to win because I can truly
operate better than my competition.  I am appalled (and have lost some
respect for) those contesters who are advocating that close is good enough.
When we allow guessing for credit, that is when I will quit.

Randy, K5ZD

                        SWEEPSTAKES LOG REPORT FOR  K5ZD

Dupe check results
------------------
N5KO is a dupe on line #772.     <--- Note, this guy is a lid! :)

Callsign check results
----------------------
AD1C was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 7
Calls with same check/section: WC1D

N6TF is a busted call.  The correct call is N6TU.

K6BU was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 22
Calls with same check/section: W6JZ W3LFR

WB6DNR was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 13
Calls with same check/section: NU6U

W4CK was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 1
Calls with same check/section: KI4I

K1RO was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 3
Calls with same check/section: KQ2M W1QK

W5NC was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 150

K8GL was not found in the SS database.  Received QSO# = 2
Calls with same check/section: AA8U K8ED KA2HNX WA8CDU WA8FRD

There was one call judged to be incorrect.

Precedence, Check and Section Check Results
QSO #35 K7GM : A 66 Nc should be A 67 Nc
QSO #149 N9CK : A 69 Wi should be A 67 Wi
QSO #384 W9UR : A 66 In should be Q 66 In
QSO #413 WB8RFB : A 72 Mi should be A 71 Mi
QSO #415 W8TK : B 59 Oh should be A 59 Oh
QSO #554 K8BZ : A 71 Oh should be A 71 Mi
QSO #572 KU0C : A 91 Al should be A 81 Al
QSO #641 K6NA : B 62 Sdg should be B 60 Sdg
QSO #647 WO8HIO : A 79 Oh should be A 72 Oh
QSO #677 NA4K : A 77 Tn should be A 67 Tn
QSO #692 W2KTF : A 47 NLi should be A 37 NLi
QSO #711 K6VWL : A 58 Sdg should be A 57 Sdg
QSO #853 VE3ELA : Q 80 On should be Q 70 On
QSO #911 N0QT : Q 76 Co should be Q 96 Co
QSO #920 K6CU : A 59 Org should be B 59 Org
QSO #1005 K5TT : A 57 STx should be A 58 Ok
QSO #1107 KA6WZR : A 72 Sb should be A 82 Sb
QSO #1126 N7KT : Q 60 Az should be Q 90 Az
QSO #1156 W3TB : A 63 Ct should be A 62 Ct
QSO #1223 K2VL : Q 51 Al should be Q 54 Al
QSO #1256 N0AGW : Q 70 WWa should be A 70 WWa
QSO #1257 KM3T : A 70 WMa should be A 80 WMa
QSO #1294 WB7AEI : Q 61 WWa should be Q 62 WWa
QSO #1319 WO3B : Q 61 Sv should be Q 62 Sv

There were 24 exchange errors found.

Cross check results
-------------------
QSO #469: Received QSO# 322 should be 312 W6KC
QSO #793: Received QSO# 370 should be 372 K7NPN
QSO #854: Received QSO# 22 should be 12 K5LZO
QSO #938: QSO not found in log of K6UM
QSO #1234: Received QSO# 212 should be 412 AA6W
QSO #1259: QSO not found in log of N9NT

Score summary
    Raw QSOs = 1319
       Dupes = 1