[CQ-Contest] SS log checking..a final word

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS log checking..a final word
From: aalaun@ibm.net (Fred Laun K3ZO)
Date: Wed Mar 10 16:43:08 1999

At 12:05 AM 3/10/99 EST, K5GA wrote:
>Now, for the biggie, what I find AMAZING is that only a couple of you people
>out there responded to my suggestion about emailing logs within 2 hours of
the
>end of the contest if you wanted to compete for Top 10. I think the SILENCE
>speaks a thousand words. What's wrong ? If you all are 100% behind this
>checking, then you all shouldn't have a problem with this 2 hour rule.
>Unreal...........I can assure you, my log will be emailed IMMEDIATELY at the
>end. It will be interesting too see how many do the same.

All right, here is a comment from me.

I am delighted that ARRL has adopted a new log checking program with the
expert assistance of N6TR and N5KO.

I find it odd that anyone who considers himself/herself to be a top
contester could object to this development in any way.

As to sending the log in right after the contest or three weeks after the
contest, why on earth should anyone care?  If you have done your job and
copied everything accurately, then no matter how much someone else massages
their log after the contest, your log will be among the most accurate
anyway.  If it isn't, you should do what you can to improve the situation.

IMHO, now that this new log-checking system is in effect, the chances of
someone getting away with murder are vastly reduced.  Why would any real
contester feel that this makes their relative situation worse?

Yes I have received my readback from Tree, and no, I wasn't particularly
proud of myself after what I saw.  Resolved, never again to ask myself:
"Did he send me precedence A or precedence B, I forgot?"  Next time, I'll
stop to ask at the risk of seeing the rate meter drop a bit!

Enough said!

73, Fred, K3ZO