[CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...
From: janalme@online.no (Jan Almedal)
Date: Mon Mar 29 20:23:06 1999
At 09:26 29.03.99 +0200, SM2EKM wrote:
>Yes I told you so. Long live the American QSO party.
>It sure isn´t the cq WORLD WIDE wpx contest any
>more.

Never anything but complaints from this guy......

For all the years this contest has been around, I have never met anybody
complaining about it beeing an European QSO Party - so why should it now be
an American? And why not Japanese? They also participate in great numbers.

After working 2200 QSO's I must say I did not even notice the rule change
(unless it created the high activity and great condx)! Yes, the Americans
did work each other, but what's the change? They have always worked each
other. The only news is that now they got  points (not only multipliers)
for it. Like we Europeans always have.

And, we Europeans, still have an advantage - we can work each other for the
multipliers on 160/80/40 meter to get two points per QSO!

I do, and I am sure every contester, American or others, still will prefer
to work DX for a three pointer over a local for one point.

Now we have tried this new rule once, and, as it seemed to increase
activity, I hope it's here to stay.

73 de
Jan / LA9HW

- - -